Monday, March 28, 2011

Building of a Church

 My family has been attending a newly formed church for a bit of time. Being that it is so new  (only 2 years total) it has many needs that lets my creative side flourish. I am going to tackle the Palm Sunday Play costumes. I figured I'd write about how I did this and some of the mistakes I run into. First up the 5 horse tails.

Horse Tails

 I first started out with the arm workout. I pulled a length that was about 1 and 1/2 yards long and kept pulling and folding over until I reached the fullness I wanted about 1 inch diameter.


Next I wound the yard wound the middle to hold it together.


Then folded it in half and wound more yarn around the middle to make a nice finished off pony tail.


I repeated 4 more times for 5 perky tails ready to worn on the back of the robes I'm still tinkering with.

No comments:

Post a Comment